Map Key ( 0 )
Marker Key ( 0 )
Hudson Yards is the area of Manhattan bounded by West 42nd and 43rd Streets, 7th and 8th Avenues, We
"jets stadium" "real estate development" railyards
1. Rezoning of the Hudson Yards area from manufacturing to commercial and residential, which was adopted by the City in January 2005. As rezoned, Hudson Yards now has capacity for approximately 24 million square feet of new office development, 13,500 units of housing, of which almost 4,000 units will be affordable units, 1 million square feet of retail, and 2 million square feet of hotel space.
2. The extension of the No. 7 subway line from its current terminus at Times Square to a new terminal station at 34th Street and 11th Avenue.
3. Mixed-use development over the eastern section of the MTA West Side Rail Yards.
4. Undertaking a joint planning and development effort, together with the MTA and the City Council, for the western section of the MTA West Side Rail Yards.
5. Creation of new parks and public open space throughout the Hudson Yards area.