"manufactured gas holder" superfund "vapor intrusion" VOCs MGP
Site Description The Keap Street Holder Station is comprised of one parcel of land located in Brooklyn, New York. The site is located at 18 Hooper Street, between Wythe and Kent Avenues. The site address is also knnown as 46 Keap Street. A manufactured gas holder was located on the site from at least 1887 to 1935 according to Sanborn Fire insurance maps. Subsquent uses of the property include the machine shop of the Eastern Can Co, metal can manufacturing. The current land use of the site is industrial and manufacturing. The SC work plan has been approved, but as of 10/08 field work had not yet begun, pending an access agreement with the current site owner.