This site is a former manufactured gas holder station, located between East 175th and East 176th Streets, between Carter Avenue and Webster Avenue. It began operations sometime before 1893 and continued in use until circa 1927. The holder station was demolished sometime between 1927 and 1936. The site is presently occupied by two gas stations and a White Castle Restaurant. A Site Characterization is planned for 2008.
Site Environmental Assessment
A Site Characterization is planned for 2007.
Site Health Assessment
NYSDOH has insufficient information to fully evaluate the potential for human exposures.